2017 Event Schedule and Format
Final Registration and Entry Payment
For those of you who have pre-registered online Thank you and welcome to the High Voltage R/C 4 Link Nationals II. We will be conducting final registration and payment starting at 12 pm noon on Friday September 1st at the race venue located at:
The Fairfield County Fair Grounds
inside the Ed Sands Building
157 E. Fair Ave.
Lancaster, OH 43130
During this process, you will pay for your entries, receive your raffle tickets and participant gift packs! ***If you don’t plan to be at the Fairgrounds until Saturday morning instead of Friday its ok, just please email me at email@example.com to let me know so that we can make arrangements to get you signed up and payed first thing in the morning. ***
Load in and Pit Setup
You May Load in starting Friday Morning at 9am. Pit Tables and chairs will be provided at the venue. Please bring your own Power strips and extension cords. It’s always a good idea to bring spare parts for your vehicles so that you can keep your equipment rolling.
Overall Venue and Event Rules and code of Conduct
Please be respectful of the venue and pick up after yourself. We ask that you do not bring your pets. As far as batteries go we have a few rules that you need to please follow. Please try to charge your hard case batteries before the event either at home or at the hotel. If there is any charging to be done on site that lipo bags be used. All chargers and equipment need to be shut down at night. We don’t want anything left on. Hard case Li/life po packs should be used. No foul language will be permitted. Please practice proper sportsman like conduct. No smoking inside and only outside in designated areas. No alcohol is allowed on the property. If there are any questions, comments or concerns please bring them to the event director’s attention. We will have no issue at all talking to anyone on the side away from the action if there is an issue. We want everyone to have an enjoyable safe weekend at this event. We are looking forward to serving you and Putting on an event to remember.
Parma Show and Shine Classes (Free with event entry)
-Best Freestyle RC Shafty Shoout Truck
-Best Axial Retro Challenge Stage 1 Truck
-Best Axial Retro Challenge Stage 2 Truck
-Best Axial Sport Mod Shootout Truck
-Best Axial 2.2 Mini Monster Mania Truck
-Best Tamiya Clodapalooza Class Truck
Only trucks that are registered for participating in the event will be eligible to be judged in the show and shine competition.
Qualifying and Racing Format
This event will feature side-by-side single elimination style Obstacle Course racing over a predetermined race course. The carpeted race course will consist of two mirrored lanes which will include obstacles such as crush cars turns and jumps.
- Each race will be started using a “Christmas Tree” starting system
- For qualifying, each driver will get one run in each lane. Drivers running multiple vehicles in a single class will have their vehicles staggered only in the qualifying order so as to not race against themselves.
- The quicker of the 2 qualifying times will determine the racing bracket and lane choice for the 1st round of racing which will be held on Sunday.
- Each driver has a maximum of one minute to stage his/her truck at the starting line. If time expires, that driver will receive a Did Not Start (DNS) for that race.
- If your truck has mechanical failure after the first qualifying pass we will allow you to fix your truck and come back for your final run after we have run through all of the qualifying rounds.
- If a driver with multiple trucks is paired against himself in elimination racing, the driver will run one truck at a time in separate lanes. The truck with the fastest elapse time will be declared the winner to advance to the next round.
- All racing penalties still apply to both trucks and if the 1st truck is DQ’d, the 2nd truck may advance on to the next heat.
- False start (red light) Heat DQ
- Failure to hit ramp(s) with both front tires: 1 sec. per instance
- Hitting Turning cones 1 sec. per instance
- Crossing into the opposing lane before the finish line Heat DQ
- Out of Bounds (all 4 wheels) Heat DQ
- Hitting any portion of timing system Heat DQ
- Hitting protective barrier after finish line Heat DQ
- Not finishing course Heat DNF
- Not staging or starting course Heat DNS
- Winner will be declared by the first truck over finish line if both make “clean” run. If violations are committed, winner will be fastest time after added penalties.
- If both trucks do not complete the course, “First or Worst” will be enforced.
- First to commit violation if both violations are equal.
- Worst (more serious) violation will be eliminated and opponent be declared heat winner. Out of Bounds or hitting barrier/timing system are considered serious violations.
The Practice Track will be as close as we can make it to the actual race track. The practice track will not have a timing system. It will be a good way to get acclimated with the race track that you will be running on, and also provide an outlet to have some fun while you are waiting to race to increase track time and decrease down time. Use this time wisely to dial in your Trucks, grudge match your fellow racers and try new techniques. Just please be ready to go on the race track when it’s your time to race.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 1st:
- 8am to 5pm: Track set up and pit area set up
- 12pm to 5pm: Participant registration held at Race Event Venue
Saturday, September 2nd:
- 8am -8:30am: Participants arrive at Race Venue to set up pit space
- 8:30am - 9am Place trucks for The Parma Show and Shine Competition
- 9am : Parma Show and Shine Judging Starts Winners will be announced Sunday after the competition is complete we will take a group photo at this time also so please be present
- 9:30 am: Driver’s meeting and event format review. This is a mandatory event If you are competing in this event Please be present.
- 10am: Time to go Qualifying! Classes will run in the following order.
1.Axial 2.2 Mini Monster Truck Mania Class
2.Tamiya Clodapalooza Class
3.Freestyle RC Shafty Shoot Out
4.Axial Sport Mod Showdown
5.Axial Retro Challenge Stage 1
6.Axial Retro Challenge Stage 2
After the completion of each class we will roll right into the next class , so please be ready. We will have a brief break time in between the Axial Sport Mod Showdown and the start of the Axial Retro Challenge so we can change track obstacles.
Sunday, September 3rd:
- 8am -10am: Arrive at Race Venue to prepare to go racing
- 10am: Single Elimination Racing Begins Classes will be run in the following order
1.Axial Retro Challenge Stage 1
2.Axial Retro Challenge Stage 2
3.Axial 2.2 Mini Monster Truck Mania Class
4.Tamiya Clodapalooza Class
5.Axial Sport Mod Showdown
6.Freestyle RC Shafty Shoot Out
- Awards Presentation
- Conclusion of Event