Freestyle R/C Shafty Shootout Rules
This class is similar to our Clodapalooza class but the main difference is that these trucks have driveshaft's powering the axles from a transmission mounted mid chassis. Tires, wheels, bodies and power plants are shared with Clods but the axles really separate the two. Here’s the rules which allow quite a bit of creativity for different builds.
1. Must be solid axle shaft driven with 2 driveshaft's
2. Wheels to be 2.6 clod/txt sizing. Monster Pirate wheels will be excepted. No Maxx size wheels.
3. Minimum tire height 5 1/2 inches. Minimum tire width is 4 inches. Tires that are made to
fit the Clod/Txt-1 size wheels are permitted. No Maxx size tires.
4. Two motors maximum in central transmission that may either be brushed or brushless.
5. One 2s or 3s or 4s lipo/lifepo Hard case lipo pack only.
6. Must be four-wheel drive.
7. No chassis restrictions but Must have a 3 or 4 link suspension system. By 3 link we mean the two top
4 link bars intersecting into and attaching to a central pivot point on the top of the differential housing.
In a 4-link set up all 4 link bars must mount to the chassis using 8 pivot points and mount to the axle using 8 pivot points.
8. Sway bar(s) allowed.
9. May be 2 or 4-wheel steer.