2017 Rules and Information for the Axial Retro Challenge Stage 1 and Stage 2
This class was designed to replicate the early days of monster truck racing. The truck needs to represent the style of monster trucks that was built pre-1991. In the early days, the trucks had very basic suspensions but were detailed in appearance. This is a fun way to celebrate the earliest days of monster truck racing. The running of the event can include racing, sled pulling, mud bogging in a faux mud pit and other events that were done in those early days.
Rules are as follows.
1. Wheelbase must represent the vehicle that it is replicating.
2. For Stage 1 Trucks the body must be model year 1991 or earlier. For Stage 2 Trucks the body must be model year 1996 or earlier.
3. Chevron tread, fully cleated tires only. Must use stock Tamiya Clod Buster or Kyosho Usa-1 or Proline Destroyer and or JConcepts Firestorm tires with the exception of replicating a tire from a tractor tired vehicle. No Back-Cut tread designs are allowed Cut or shaved tires will NOT be permitted. IMEX Puller tires are not permitted. A tire may be modified to match a vehicle that it is replicating.
4. Vehicle may need a hitch to compete in the pulling portion of the event.
5. The truck must be 4wd with 2 solid axles.
6. No three/four link suspensions allowed but stock Juggernaut 1 and 2 versions are allowed.
7. No Sway bar(s)
8. The truck may be 2 or 4-wheel steer.
9. Up to two 45 or higher turn sealed endbell brushed motor(s) for Stage 1 Class
10. Up to two Stock 27 turn or higher sealed endbell brushed Motor(s) for Stage 2 Class
11.Battery limit is one 2s Lipo/Lifepo hard case pack